Technician Scholarship Application
Tennessee Trucking Association Lincoln College of Technology Scholarship Program
The Tennessee Trucking Association is partnering with Lincoln College of Technology Nashville to provide students in the Diesel Technology fields with a two part scholarship to assist with their educational expenses.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current student at Lincoln College of Technology Nashville
- Have completed 50% or greater of his/her program of study (at least 7 courses of 13)
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Maintain 90% or better cumulative class attendance rate
- Have a desire to pursue a career with one of the TTA member companies
- Complete and submit the TTA Scholarship application
One recipient will be chosen quarterly by the scholarship committee and his/her award will consist of two parts.
Upon selection for the award the student will receive a $1000 scholarship payable to his/her student account to be applied to tuition, fees, and other institutional charges to reduce the student’s debt burden while in school.
The second part of the scholarship award will consist of $1500 payable to the student upon successful completion of one year’s full time employment at a TTA member company. These funds will be given directly to the student with the intention that they are used to offset the student’s debt payments due after graduation.
Once the form has been submitted, please email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail them to 4531 Trousdale Dr, Nashville, TN 37214:
- Academic transcript with GPA and class attendance percentage
- Written recommendation from TTA member company (optional)
- Written Lincoln Instructor recommendation (optional).